Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A musical plea! Read and do!

Hello sentient beings!

I have a request from you. Yes, YOU. So, in an effort to reinfuse my musical selection, I got to thinking...it'd be kinda sweet to have my friends send me a list of their top five or ten favorite songs at the moment.

I'd LOVE for y'all to do this! Some of you have already been gracious enough to share your musical tastes here and there, but even if you have, do share some more!

Here are some guidelines for what to send me. The songs should:

1. Be simply awesome.
2. Be something I can drive with the windows down on a hot summer day and want nothing more than to fly to the moon (in the daytime).
3. Make me want to let my hair loose like Professor McGonagall at the Yule Ball.
4. Inspire my future doggy (I WILL have one someday!) and me to shake our tails (no tail feathers though...I don't think either of us will have feathers...)
5. NOT make me want to shoot/harm/kill anything living (unless you want to run the risk of imposing that sad fate upon yourself).
6. Possibly be in another language! All languages welcome. Including the non-verbal sort (a.k.a. instrumental only).
7. NOT be Lady Antebellum..sorry, hearing them on 10 different stations every day has evoked some kind of unwarranted, yet inexorable, repugnancy against the said artist.
8. Slower songs also welcome if they make you want to lay down in a grassy meadow and play with foxes. I'd enjoy that as well. :D
9. Have something for those lull, summer rains? Also send! I have a "Rainy days" playlist I could tack that on to.
10. Be something YOU enjoy. :) The point of this is getting to know others' musical tastes. Even if you're a complete freak and secretly listen to, Iunno, O-Town or some crap like that, send away! I will keep these confidential. Confia en mi!

Feel free to e-mail me your list, or whatever method of communication you see fit. If you'd like a list in return, I could get to thinking! I'll download the songs myself, so just a simple list is alls I'm a-askin' for!

Thank you kindly if you actually took the time to read this and actually do it! I know it's hard to not be lazy..it's a daily struggle for my post-graduate self, trust me!

Have a terrific day!

Yours truly,

Karina A. Reyes

3 comments:

rosmari said...

1. LFO - Summer Girls
- Hello, it has the word Summer in it. I'm pretty sure that fits your #2 criteria.

2. Jordan Knight - Give It to You
- They were dancing in an amusement park in the music video. How much more fun can it be?

3. New Kids on the Block - Please Don't Go Girl
- Joey McEntire is just beautiful on this song. Kind of sad, but I think it might work for your "Rainy Days" playlist.

4. Daniel Powter - Bad Day
- This one is for that playlist, too.

5. Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
- It's in another language!

6. Ali Lohan - Lohan Holiday
- Technically, it's a Christmas song, but this song always transports me to another planet when I listen to it.

7. Sarah Brightman - Gothica/Fleurs Du Mal
- I don't know if this is really what you're looking for, but this song is EPIC.

8. CATS - Magical Mister Mistoffelees
- I know you want your future dog to shake it's tail, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CATS?!

9. Puff Daddy - It's All About the Benjamins
- I don't know. I love money.

10. O-Town - Liquid Dreams
- THIS ONE IS THE EPITOME OF GUIDELINE #1.

Unknown said...

First off, "Karina A. Reyes" ?

Second, your list of criteria was somewhat nuts so I'm just listing some songs I like.


No Doubt - Don't Speak
Avril Lavigne - Things I'll Never Say and My World
Evanescence - Anywhere and Hello
Love Hina Soundtrack - Yakusoku
Cascada - Everytime We Touch
Beethoven - Symphony No. 3 (Eroica) - 2nd Movement (Marche Funebre)
Tchaikovsky - March Slave
Rimsky-Korsakov - Capriccio Espagnol
Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack - Balamb Garden

Anonymous said...

i'm going with top five because I have musical ADD and I switch up my playlist constantly...so here goes:

1. The Way We Get By--Spoon
2. Set Apart This Dream--Flyleaf
3. I Wanna--The All American Rejects (it's catchy)
4. Water and Bridges--Dashboard Confessional
5. Falling Slowly--Once Soundtrack